YABU: The house of Katsu

by - November 22, 2011

Despite being Chinese, I actually have a very strong love for Japanese food ever since I was a kid. I learned how to eat raw food such a sushi at a very young age and always craved for the yummy fried tempura and other things that Japanese restaurants had to offer. So when Gersh and I were invited to eat at  the newest Japanese resto over at SM Megamall Atrium called, YABU: The House of Katsu, I knew I couldn't say no. Especially from a store name that already sounds good. :)

IMG_4162
IMG_4163

A little fact about Yabu; It is the first and only authentic Katsu restaurant in the country. Having the head chef-Kazuya Takeda of Tonkatsu Takeshin, a popular tonkatsu restaurant in Tokyo as their expert consultant, I wouldn't doubt that they only serve the best.

IMG_4183
IMG_4180

Unlike most Japanese restaurants that I visit, I was very much pleased with the interior of Yabu. They have comics on their panels and it actually has a story!:) Oh and our marketing friend told us that the other side of Yabu's wall (the cubed looking one) is made from cups where you drink sake! Amazing, right? I sure was amazed. I like a little trivia with my food!:)

IMG_4170

A glimpse of the kitchen and oh, the chef!

IMG_4165
IMG_4169

Time to order! What to get?

IMG_4166

Just like any other meal, we had our appetizer first which composed of; Edamame, Hiyayakko Tofu, Wakame (seaweed) and Potato salad. If I were to recommend you what to get, I'll definitely go for the Potato salad and Hiyayakko Tofu over and over again!:)

IMG_4171

The Hubby overwhelmed by the yummy food. I love also how Yabu serves healthy food because it's good for his health!:)

IMG_4177
IMG_4176

Before the main course, our marketing friend told us that we can make our own sauce. See me in action while grinding my sesame seeds! That's the first step, BTW before pouring the Katsu sauce.

IMG_4173
IMG_4172
IMG_4185

For the main course, we had their signature dishes, Chicken Katsu set meal and Jumbo Tiger Prawn Katsu set. We also had Kurobuta Tonkatsu set (they use US Premium Pork) but unfortunately wasn't able to take a picture but let me tell you, if you visit Yabu, definitely order the Kurobuta. Why? Let me quote a part of the comics on this one...

IMG_4161

"SO SOFT, IT MELTS IN MY MOUTH!....DELICIOUS!"

The food is really good. I know that sounds cliche but truly it is! My initial reaction with their serving was it's super big or better yet, overwhelming! The prices vary from Php 280+ to Php 500+ and with those prices, you'll surely go out of the restaurant satisfied and happy. With Yabu, I proved that paying for a Php 200-500 meal, you'd get your money's worth by having a full stomach. :)

IMG_4186

Oh and they have the cutest graphic shirts!:) They have over 13 designs if I'm correct? But this caught my fancy the most. Thank you, Kuya for being my model! Got Katsu?;) 

All in all, I give my Yabu: The House of Katsu experience two thumbs up! Despite the soft opening, the ambiance, quality of service and food was great!:) 

Thank you to the wonderful people of YABU PH for giving us one of the best dinning out experience ever!

For your own Yabu experience, visit them at the:
 2/F Mega Atrium, SM Megamall  

and their online accounts: TWITTER and FACEBOOK

x A.F.A.

You May Also Like

11 comments♥

  1. wow! ava is it really good here? can't wait to bring the bf here cause he loves japanese!!:) (you look really cute btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must check this place out! Love Jap cuisine too and the manga decors on the walls are so cute!

    PS. Thanks for the sweet comment on my latest post Ava! Really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Thanks for blogging about Yabu, Ava!! I have to try it for myself soon! ♥ Nice date for you and Gersh!

    Xoxo,
    Arnie
    http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! we were at Yabu at the same time!! that's our BIG group behind you :) thats me behind your photo grinding the sesame seed :)

    http://www.frannywanny.com/2011/11/yabu-house-of-katsu.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG thank you for sharing gurl! watashi zettai zettai hontoni going to visit this place! Anime Otaku much...atashi :">
    http://amz88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Megamall's so far. :( I mean, I can manage to go there, but I'd have to schedule it. Hope they open a branch in the south too! :)

    ♥♥ Megann of STYLE SURGERY
    Giveaway: Be on the list for Bloggers United 2! Click HEREto find out how!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got the invite for this tonight. Thanks, Ava! :) Sayang. I was at Megamall pa naman earlier. Guess I have to go back for this and the F21 sale. Hehehe.

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love jap food! Looking pretty as always Ava! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your food posts! :) I saw an ad in Megamall about Yabu and I wanted to try it out. Plus, anything with -katsu should be good!

    Thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! THanks for sharing. I'll check this out ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and for leaving lovely comments. Will also try my best to drop by your blogs!:) xo


All photos/materials ⓒ 2020 Ava Te-Zabat unless otherwise specified. Please do not use them without acknowledgement or permission. Thank you.

Designed byStudio Vawter